Another day another store! This time the very well stocked Hobby Point
I started out on my search for Hobby Point at Suntec City Mall (largely because I was looking for something else at another store) So I’ll start there
Hobby Point – Suntec City Mall
3 Temasek Boulevard #03-32
Singapore 038983(Above Promenade MRT Stn)
Tel: (65) 6235 3268
This is actually a branch store with the main store at Tiong Bahru (see Below).
The Suntec City Mall stocks:
– Gundam and Mecha
– Toys and collectables (mostly aimed at adult collectors rather than children)
– Paints from Mr Hobby
– Armour; almost entirely Italeri and Academy in this store
– a small selection of evergreen strip and rod
– moderate selection of tools
The staff were helpful and friendly and service was good. If you are in the area its certainly worth a look, especially as several lines are currently discounted
How to Get There
Take the Circle Line to Esplanade and exit following signs for Suntec City and Suntec Convention Centre
Exit into the mall and follow signs for Towers three and four.
Its quite a walk, its a very big mall, but eventually you will get to a large atrium, just past Carrefour supermarket. Take the escalator up to the 3rd floor
Come back on yourself so that you are walking away from the atrium and take the left side leading out of the atrium area. Hobby Point is just on your left
Also In the area:
Sadly there are not other stores of note that I have found in the area surrounding the mall, or the locality of the city around that
From the store manager I learned however that the main store at Tiong Bahru
Hobby Point – Tiong Bahru
This is the head branch for Hobby Point is is much larger and in particular much better stocked on armour and aircraft.
This Hobby Point stocks:
– Armour from Bronco, Tamiya, Dragon, ICM, Academy, Hobby Boss, AFV Club, Trumpeter , Italeri, Revell and no doubt a few more I’ve forgotten! In 1/35, 1/48 and 1/72
– Aircraft from a broad variety of manufacturers including Tamiya, Roden, Hasegawa, Italeri, Revell and a lot more
– Paints by Creos, Mr Hobby and Humbrol plus finishing products
– Evergreen stock styrene
– Sci fi such as star wars, plus mecha and gundam
– Cars and motorcyle kits
– naval, maritime kits
Staff were knowledgable and helpful
How to Get There:
Take the East West MRT Line (Green) to Tiong Bahru MRT and exit the station following signs for Tiong Bahru Plaza. Turn left off the escalators and you will see the entrance to Tiong Bahru Plaze behind them.
Enter the Plaza and after a few meters turn left to see the lifts (elevators). Take one to the 5th floor NOTE: you cannot get to the fifth floor on escalators due to the design of the plaza)
Turn left out of the lifts and follow the corridor a short distance. The store is on your right.
Other Stores in the Area:
Again, none I’m afraid
A very well stocked store for plastic kits and definitely one for your ‘must visit’ list.